Donnerstag, 10. September 2015

GLOBETROTTER - KUALA LUMPUR




Before traveling down to Singapore I spent some great days in Kuala Lumpur. Being in the bus from the Airport to my Hostel I realized that KL was the first place I immediately felt comfortable arriving at by my own. It was nice!
I was staying in a Hostel in Bukit Bintang, called "Sunshine Bedz", which is an awesome place to spend a view days in Malaysias capital in a great location and with super friendly staff.
It's like a 15 minute walk to the Petrona Twin Towers and the Kuala Lumpur Tower, which, by the way, you can see from the balcony of the Hostel (from which also my Phone fell into a small paddle one day - but it's still alive haha!).
Also places like the Central market, which is a very pretty place to just walk trough, look at local art and souvenirs, the Sultan Abdul Samad Building and the Petaling Street, in which the night market takes place, are in walkable distance!
A popular place to see are the Batu Caves a bit out of KL, which you can reach super easy by train from KL Sentral for only 4 Rg. And no doubt - it is a super impressing and nice place to visit. But it was just kinda disappointing that there was a lot of garbage everywhere and so many things made up for the tourists. It kinda disturbed the real charm and atmosphere of that beautiful place! But it's worth seeing, even tho you will sweat your ass off walking up the steep steps haha.
At Jalan Alor, which is just a few meters from the hostel you see the especially at night crowded but still pretty street filled with lots of opportunities to find good Asian food.
And another awesome street is only like 3 minutes away from Sunshine Bedz: Changkat Bukit Bintang! One Bar next to another and - trust me, (girls) - even if it never was your plan to go there people will convince you with two simple words: Ladie's night. I mean, who days "no" to FREE drinks?! Yep, you could say I like the concept of the nightlife in this city haha.
And the city itself, of course.

Thanks for some awesome days Kuala Lumpur!


Have a nice day peeps,
love from Singapore,
Lina:)

P.S.: a little random story 'cause it was a nice day:
Aftter I walked around in that huge shopping mall for a while actually searching for a hairdresser who looks like I can trust him/her (conclusion (which was clear before): I don't trust anybody than mom if it's about my hair!) I became gumpy because I just realized how much I would want to go shopping! But as my backpack is already full and my conscience unfortunately doesn't make deals when it's about shoppingdays on my travels that was not possible. Well, so grumpy, hungover (because of Ladie's night free strawberry Margaritas) me decided to end the search for a hairdresser and search for food which my stomach was screaming for - only Pizza could satisfy it. When I found some Pizza I sat there outside the Pizza store and there was that homeless man on the street, just standing there with his bucket. And as so many homeless people just be ignored this guy was different. People walked to him and gave him something, and he was folding his hands like he was praying for each person stopping for him. And like all of those people were locals! Even one man who didn't seem to have much gave him some money before he walked on looking in the next garbage for I don't know what. I don't know what it was, but this homeless man just got my full attention the whole time and it was so nice to see so many locals extra walking to him to give him something. So I decided to give him a piece of my Pizza too and he was just so happy, sat down at the side of the crosswalk and ate the piece of Pizza - and on the way how he ate it you could assume that he probably never had one before! And it sounds sooo typical Samaritan like, I know, but something like that can make your day! Cause it's nice to make other people happy, and leads to find a bit more happiness in yourself too!:)


Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen